Thursday, January 9, 2014

Navigating Costco

I love Costco! Costco has great deals, yummy samples of food, and the best reason is that they have a great selection of real and organic foods! I haven't price checked all stores so these prices may vary, but from my experience most of the following things are great prices.  The first time buying bulk was hard because it seemed so expensive, but after we realized how far all of our food stretched it was so worth it! Now every time we have a little extra money in our food budget I like to stock up on things we go through quickly. Creating a stock pile is the best feeling! Here are some of things I've found at Costco... *Note* most of these photos are not the best quality!
I buy this regularly now! 10  1lb. packages of  whole wheat organic spaghetti for just under $10! 


I don't buy the cups, but I do buy the jars of the same brand. Cheap, organic and healthy one ingredient food :) I get four 2lb. jars of applesauce for $9

I buy this regularly too! It's the best! I take one can of tomato sauce and add italian seasoning and it becomes pizza sauce or spaghetti sauce. I also add it to soups and pasta dishes. The possiblities are endless and for only $7 for 12 cans it's so worth it. 


 
Organic tomato paste to thicken tomato sauces/soups s stated above! Only $6 for 12 cans. 


 
8 cans for only $6!


 
I think this was $12. I usually make my own, but for people who need convenience 

 
Flaxseed is a great superfood to add to salad, waffles, smoothies, etc. For only $6 it can't be beat. 



 
Two huge things of natural peanut butter with only 2 ingredients for $11! 


 
Great for stocking up the freezer! 

 
Great for more freezer stocking ;) 


A great snack! 




Organic frozen berries. We use these for our smoothies! 


 
I LOVE these for black bean burritos. $7


 
Convenient soups. Probably not the cheapest, but would be really easy!  


 
Jumbo packs of pin nuts! They also have walnuts, pecans, and almonds. They have the cheapest prices on nuts that I have seen. 

A huge jug for $13

 
I don't remember the price, but I remember it was cheap!

10 lbs. of sugar for around $11-$13. Since we have been cutting down on sugar this has lasted us FOREVER. 


We also buy organic whole chickens, organic beef, organic white flour, organic salsa (that is amazing!), and a BUNCH of produce. I love Costco. Hope this was helpful! 





No comments:

Post a Comment